For 1911 Gold, sustainability means adopting leading industry standards for the management of health, safety and the environment; transparently engaging with local communities and stakeholders; and creating a workplace where employees are valued, engaged and encouraged to succeed. Along with implementing risk and change management, 1911 Gold integrates its sustainability objectives into business planning, work activities and assessments.
How does 1911 Gold do this?
- We ensure that the design and execution of our exploration and milling operations comply with all environmental regulations to minimize our impact on the environment and strive to exceed those standards everytime.
- We promote responsibility and accountability within both our employees and our contractors to protect the environment and ensure continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- Proactively engage and work cooperatively with our local community and government agencies to continuously improve our environmental and sustainability practices.
- We have established and maintain appropriate emergency response plans for our operations.
- We actively encourage all employees, contractors or stakeholders to report to management any known or suspected departures from this policy or its related procedures and have an established Whistleblower line in place in case there are any concerns of anonymity.
The True North operations have been in place for over 100 years, building on a successful relationship with communities and First Nations in the area and acting as responsible stewards of the environment. Acting sustainably will continue to create company value by reducing risk for all stakeholders and by optimizing opportunities for individual and community prosperity.